TLDR: Educators are expected to create and distribute high quality educational content to help onboard the next generation of DeFi users to Umee.
To get started as an educator:
- Visit the #start-here channel in the "Community DAO" section of Umee's Discord;
- Assign yourself the "CD Contributor" role and "CD Educator" role;
- Check the #cd-announcements and #education-rfc channels to get an idea of the type of contributions the committee will be looking for;
- Use this form to submit each piece of original educational content you create.
Create and share high quality educational content that is easily understandable and ENGAGING! Avoid creating unnecessarily long content if it can be condensed and shared in a shorter format.
Educators are encouraged to focus on what they're good at, since quality is significantly more important than quantity. It's important to distribute educational content to the appropriate audience in order for it to be deemed valuable. Collaborate with your local community and the greater Umee community on Discord in order to determine the most effective distribution methods.
The purpose of educational content is to EDUCATE new and prospective users. Platforms like Medium will remove posts it determines to be advertisements or promotions.
The following ideas are examples of contributions that may be considered valuable. Actual token allocations will be assigned at the sole discretion of the Community DAO Committee.
Explainer Videos, Articles, and/or Twitter Threads
- Introduction to decentralized lending and borrowing
- Introduction to the Cosmos Ecosystem and the major DeFi chains like Umee
- What are the flaws in legacy debt markets and current DeFi lending markets, and how does Umee address them?
- How is Umee bringing the fundamentals of traditional debt markets to DeFi?
- Where does yield come from on Umee?
- How are lending and borrowing rates determined on Umee?
- How is Umee different from projects like Aave and Compound?
- What is governance and why should someone participate?
- Why are PoS based interest rates needed?
- How can Umee enable decentralized credit rating systems?
- What possibilities can Umee provide in the future? (think scalability, interoperability, and privacy)
Twitter Thread Tutorials
- Transfer assets on to Umee
- Stake UMEE tokens
- Navigate Umee’s web app
- Bridge Ethereum assets to Umee
- Lend stablecoins on Umee
- Borrow responsibly with Umee
- Use Umee & Osmosis to leverage key assets
- Participate in leveraged staking
- Short assets with Umee
- Useful infographics that can be used in Umee's official documentation
- High quality gifs that can be used in Umee's user guides
- Amount of value the contribution has brought or is expected to bring to Umee;
- Clarity of contributions on the submission form;
- Accuracy of the content;
- Quality of the content;
- Reach and engagement levels of the content submitted (content needs to be shared or easily shareable and actively utilized in order to be considered valuable).
Contributors who create and distribute educational content should submit each individual piece of content separately immediately following publication.