New Asset Listing Guide
Umee allows users to lend and borrow a wide variety of assets across chains in a trustless manner. Umee follows a formal listing process that allows the protocol to assess risk using a targeted framework that scrutinizes key risk areas including market risk (volume, volatility, market cap), centralization of asset, protocol risk, etc.
Anyone can submit a proposal for a new asset to be listed on Umee through Umee's governance. While all assets that are accepted by Umee's governance will be listed on Umee, different assets have different levels of risk that will be assessed by a risk team. Proposers should provide as much of the relevant information as possible to help Umee make an informed decision.
Drafting the Proposal
Sharing the Proposal
2) Select the "New Asset Listing Proposals" section.
3) Select the New thread button and choose "New New Asset Listing Proposals Thread."
4) You will now see a template for the New Asset Listing Proposal. In the Proposal Type dropdown, select "New Asset Listing Proposals."
5) Title the proposal and complete the template for the asset being proposed.
6) Create the New Asset Listing Proposal thread.
Submitting the Proposal
To increase the chances of success, consider discussing the proposal with the community before submitting it on-chain.
1) Select the New thread button and choose "New On-Chain Proposal" from the dropdown.
2) In the Proposal Type dropdown, select "Text Proposal."
3) Enter the proposal title and a brief description with a link to the discussion thread.
4) In the deposit section, input the amount of UMEE you'd like to contribute towards the minimum deposit threshold of 100,000 UMEE. Select "Send transaction" and approve the transaction in your Umee wallet.
- The deposit is denominated in micro UMEEs, so users who wish to make the deposit in full should enter "100,000,000,000."
- Users are welcomed to borrow UMEE from the Umee market in order to make a deposit.
- Learn more about how Umee governance deposits work here.